EFS clone suggestions

all the talk around the remake

Moderator: Deathifier

Kargard
Assault Legionnaire

EFS clone suggestions

Postby Kargard » Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:08 am

For some reason,when i woke up i had a surge of ideas i should post.Here we go.

first the one's i might forget unless i write them down fast :)

Church - League - Imperial Guard favorite house

There could be a system for houses to gain reputation with these factions,and house which would reach certain point of reputation and would have most of all houses,would become the favored house of the faction.Now what it could bring the house - for example,ability to remake a building(very expensively,perhaps in gems) on one of their worlds - church building for church,factory for league,fort for imperial guard.In this structure,you could build rare units of the faction - some form of psi units for church(with good fighting abilities to boot,perhaps best infantry units in game),advanced tech units from league like some cool hover tanks and stealth planes and generally best hardware,well and imperial guard could have lot of stuff involving B2 fighting,nobles protection etc - for example,Imperial bodyguard(act's like a doppleganger in first attracting the assassins attacks,way better fighter then doppleganger,or perhaps some bonus against assassins and dopplegangers),imperial assassin(doesnt get confused by dopplegangers,first strike?very powerful,but hard to get and expensive to build)

Now,gaining reputation - Church is obvious,handing over sect controls,strictly keeping to unproscribed techs(could involve disbanding proscribed units you capture to keep them satisfied),and maybe other things i cant think about,li halan could start with reputation boost so that fluff is good for something - could actually force them to try to gain church's favor and act like in book..

League - thats a funny one,perhaps house which buys could be gaining reputation,so lot of trade = lot of reputation,that makes sense..al-malik bonus reputation at start?and if you can make money actually more rare,financial grant's never hurt..

finally,imperial guard - here id say that the house which has a ministry and is making a best job out of it(bonus for each unit built that is useful for the ministry - lander's,spies and stealth units for imperial eye,all starships for imperial fleet,heavy ground units,landers and transports for stigmata + all the building's built etc get the best reputation with imperial guard.Regent perhaps should get bonus(and proclaimed emperor even more)

Houses should probably be able to buy more of unit building structure's like that,but at a high cost and with a limit on building's number - so that there can be enough of them to make a difference,but not enough to actually replace entire house unit's build.

Ok more fun part,unit's abilities -
This probably got suggested before,but you never know..

Giving some unit's special abilities depending on what units they are and what is their experience bonus(if you could make elite much harder to obtain then it is now..or make true elite level to follow it or something),for general purposes lets say tanks - battle preparation - elite tank corps,with enough time to prepare,can dig in and expose only the most armored parts of the tank - in practice,if tank moves only 50 percent of its moving point's before attacking,all damage received first combat turn is halved - more survivability,like tanks should

list has no end,but more complicated,lets say psi master - psi barrier - if at elite level,psi master can block 150 damage coming at him before it strikes at his health(imagine the possibilites,so much more fun units!)

This could even involve unit's having special bonus against some unit's(not just normal damage and range mod's,but,for example,anti tank infantry - only close range,low accuracy,but +20 damage against tank units when hit,or those bodyguard units having more accuracy and damage against assassins and doppleganger's,etc etc)

Finally,building's and fighting in them - first of all,shouldnt there be a unit's defense bonus if its defending from city?For example,farm would give only little cover for tanks,but nice one for light infantry like militia and infantry legions,some buildings could be getting various bonuses and penalties for units - penalty for infantry fighting in well's(all the stuff burning up and baking them alive..)penalty for tanks fighting in factories(remember how hard was to take stalingrad tractor factory defended only by infantry?),and definitively strong defend bonus in fort's for all units,and imo fort should be very resilient to space bombardment as well - fort's on island's and with PTS weapons and enough defenders should be real bitch to take.
Oh and maybe building's should receive collateral damage when you fight over them,up to being destroyed outright in huge fights.

Oh and little suggestion,could we have a unit's text description in game,with fluff stuff there and such?Makes much more fun if you have some background on what you are using..

Ok iam done,hope it helps a little.Now i need some breakfast :)

Kargard

Kargard
Assault Legionnaire

Re: EFS clone suggestions

Postby Kargard » Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:35 am

Hmm thinking of it,why not outright make units kills worth certain experience,experience gained probably for hitting(you took mastiff down 40 percent,so you get 80 out of his 200 exp for example..),with some units requiring less exp to level,namely unit's in front rows needing less experience,since artillery survives much more and should require more experience..

and make several levels of experience for units,with some of them changing name and stats on each level up(like from warhammmer4k - eldar wizard is first apprentience,and over time gets to very impressive master,same unit you started with but changes alot in everything),most of them regular unit's would just get some sort of perk on level up - lets take the marauder legion as an example - its only 6 moving point's which makes it little weaker after it drops on planet,so first levelup from green probably just small stats addition(agility,spotting,acurracy a bit?),veteran level +2 movement and elite..well,something i cant make up this fast..space combat maybe..
So regular units could be getting little stuff like this and the little unique's like nobles,psi warriors,rare's found in ruins,favored house units would be getting heavier stuff.That psi master comes in mind,with it getting some good ability on each level up(and requiring lot of exp to level),like deducting morale spell on first levelup,direct combat addition on second etc

ok i can see this would take lot of work.iam no programmer but if you gave me some unit list and idea on how are you going to make units balanced,perhaps i could help creating such levels and balancing it in..

Kargard

Shocker
Noble

Postby Shocker » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:45 am

All that before breakfast, I am impressed :-)
Long Live EFS!

zuljin
Infantery

Postby zuljin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:52 am

On this clone it'd be cool if you had more options. For instance we know the 5 houses are struggling for power through elections or force, at the start of the game you choose one of the houses to seek pursuit of being the emperor of the galaxy. Now if there was a way to edit that, espiecally for pbem games you could play as the church, the vau or even better the symbiot as options each with there own ways to win the game. Anyhow just some ideas

Return to “EFS Clone”