Special Abilities

all the talk around the remake

Moderator: Deathifier

Lothgoradin
Space Legionnaire

Special Abilities

Postby Lothgoradin » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:00 am

I would like to know what you want for special abilities on units, I will try to include all of them by making it modable, however, i would like to know what to make modable, cause I am sure I cannot think of everything. Any idea, however small is welcome.

Russell
Noble

Re: Special Abilities

Postby Russell » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:32 am

Well, psychic abilities would be nice, being able to change them around would be the best, considering the vast quantity of psychic/theurgic powers in the EFS universe. I suppose the only ones that would be relevant to a game like this would be powers that damage units. Perhaps ones that can affect loyalty or morale (if morale is even going to be in the EFS clone)

Also, I don't know if military tactics would be considered different abilities (one like a tank blitzkrieg. or infantry ambush that would make them invisible to other units would be really cool)

Anyway, I'll think of some more later...

Deathifier
Noble

Re: Special Abilities

Postby Deathifier » Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:00 am

The abilities that relics currently provide to stacks could be made into special abilities.

Anything that affects the combat stats (accuracy, attack str, armour, etc), anything that can affect production (+ to specific resource, + to research, + to build speed) and possibly things that have an affect at the galaxy or planet level.

The special treatment officers and nobles get for preventing retreat could be made into such abilities as well, and you could possibly tie them to specific unit types (so for example a tank commander (from hyperion) would affect tanks more than anything else).

Those are the major ones I can think of, if you could set it up such that esentially any attribute within the game can be affected it'd be great - let the users define their own actual abilities.

At the very least we need to be able to duplicate whats already in EFS, so they come first.

- Deathifier

Return to “EFS Clone”