Need a new player!

MP related, ...

Moderator: Sukayo

LeperColony
Assault Legionnaire

Postby LeperColony » Sun May 09, 2010 9:37 am

Sorry guys, I'm the hold up. I had to travel on short notice for work. I'm back now, game will flow again soon.

Garison
Space Legionnaire

Postby Garison » Sun May 09, 2010 2:13 pm

No worries, i just wanted to make sure it wasn't me that forgot to send the turn :)

Nick Cav
Space Legionnaire

Postby Nick Cav » Tue May 11, 2010 12:09 am

ahhh what happenedto our game? :(

Garison
Space Legionnaire

Postby Garison » Tue May 11, 2010 6:23 pm

I believe it is going again, i received and sent my turn since the last message i posted.

tot_kto_v_bredu
Assault Legionnaire

Postby tot_kto_v_bredu » Tue May 11, 2010 6:40 pm

sorry guys, now its my bad. just sent it to nick.
Desperately looking for Brother Battle pendant.

Russell
Noble

Postby Russell » Sat May 15, 2010 4:04 am

Decided to rename turn 21 to 20 since somehow we skipped 19 in the naming system, just a heads up.

tot_kto_v_bredu
Assault Legionnaire

Postby tot_kto_v_bredu » Sat May 15, 2010 7:06 am

guys, lets just use year, ok? much simplier. I get confused every time :).
Do I start new turn or when garison sends me file its already with new turn name?

Garison
Space Legionnaire

Postby Garison » Sat May 15, 2010 4:12 pm

I think the naming doesn't matter as long as they are "reasonablely" in sequence. I think correcting a turn is more confusing then just leaving the missed number out. Then we always play the highest turn and we know it the latest. This avoids the possiblity of having two turns with the same handle. so basicly if someone messes up and goes 11,12,15. we should just keep going as 16. If you look at the scoreboard the game thinks it turn 23. So we have made a mistake somewhere along the line already and didn't notice.

The latest turn in the pipe is named 21, and i have just sent it to Li-Halan. the next turn i should get is Turn21Almalik. And i will be sending out turn22. In Thoery Li-Halan will have two (?) copies of turn 21. they are different turns, and Li-Halan should play the lastest one.

tot_kto_v_bredu
Assault Legionnaire

Postby tot_kto_v_bredu » Sat May 15, 2010 6:20 pm

thats what i wanted to find out!
So file that I get is already named after new turn.
By the way, what happened that biggie got more points so quickly? captured some new units in ruins?

Garison
Space Legionnaire

Postby Garison » Sat May 15, 2010 10:04 pm

or he had a stockpile of engineers or captured a bunch of rebel cities
something he is happy about :D

tot_kto_v_bredu
Assault Legionnaire

Postby tot_kto_v_bredu » Sat May 15, 2010 10:22 pm

"no one had majority of votes".
I had my 5 + 5 more votes. That means someone else got additional votes too.
Are we prohibited from gaining votes from Church or Guild? I could not find it in the House Rules.

tot_kto_v_bredu
Assault Legionnaire

Postby tot_kto_v_bredu » Sat May 15, 2010 10:32 pm

Guys,
What policy do we have about landing on other player's planet if we not at war with that player?

I suggest this to be treated as open war declaration unless otherwise agreed between those two players (i can think of only one exception = purchase/selling something from/to agora.)

Russell
Noble

Postby Russell » Sun May 16, 2010 3:58 am

Garison, I guess I'm just kind of OCDish with keeping a proper history of my turns, so I can look back and re-load them years from now and reminisce. I'd rather just get back on track than have to rename 100+ turns. So in the year 4975, my turn was labeled turn 21, but the game begins in the year 4956, so it's the 20th turn I've played. I think labeling by years makes more sense, since intuitively it's easier to remember I just played 4975 than turn 20.

I would say we shouldn't have any sweeping game "policies" and judge it on a case by case basis, hence the role of diplomacy. If someone lands on my planet to start taking cities, I will probably eliminate those units and demand reparations or some other compensation, and go to war if they refuse, but if someone lands on my planet with just a spy, I may demand maps in return and the removal of the spy.

Russell
Noble

Postby Russell » Sun May 16, 2010 6:08 am

Another thing - it seems Nick attacked the Imperial Eye, which is against house rules:

2. No attacks on the Imperial Eye, until 2 turns after a player has been given command of the Imperial Eye. This will give the Eye transports enough time to move away. Without this rule, the Eye will be seriously crippled, since almost all of their landers will be taken out by players.

What should we do? Should we scrap the rule? Out of fairness, I certainly intend to attack the Imperial Eye now, unless we come to some resolution or replay turns.

tot_kto_v_bredu
Assault Legionnaire

Postby tot_kto_v_bredu » Sun May 16, 2010 7:08 am

How did you know he attacked the eye?
I would suggest that either we stick to the rule and Nick would have leave the fort, wait till Eye unit lands on his planet retaking that fort, give some sort of contribution (money, assault lander in the fort, etc) and after 2 turns attack that fort again.

OR we can attack Eye immediately and Nick pays contribution to all of us.

I totally support the year naming, I was voting for it from beginning.

Return to “Opponents wanted”