PBEM game looking for players

MP related, ...

Moderator: Sukayo

Lord Austere
Assault Legionnaire

PBEM game looking for players

Postby Lord Austere » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:11 pm

Hello all,

I'm new to these forums whihc I recently found when I came into contact with an old favorite of mine again, the EOFS game. Now I was hoping if some people would like to join me in a PBEM game. As I'm a recent restart I'd like suggestions as to the time of game and frequency of mailing. I was leaning towards one of the mods I found and tries out recently (subversion, nova and hyperion), but I'm open to suggestions.

Mjolnir420
Fighter pilot

Re: PBEM game looking for players

Postby Mjolnir420 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:15 am

I'll play, and i Might get my roommate to play too...

Lord Austere
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Lord Austere » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:13 pm

Well that leaves us with 3 or 4 players (assuming your room mate and another person that contacted me wishes to participate)

He stated that he'd like to play hyperion, is this allright with you?

That means we potentially have

1) Lord Austere
2) Mjolnir420
3) Mjolnir420's roommate
4) Lord Austere's contact
5) < open >

Anyone have a house preference? I like al Mallik from the RPG, but their natures tend to get lost a bit in the strategy game so I have no real preference.

aries8887
Infantery

Postby aries8887 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:00 am

i think im lord austeres contact, and the last thing i want to do is play hyperion version because basic technologies cost around 2000rp right off that bat and makes for a slow game tech wise. if we can find one more person we can get this game rolling nova game if everyone else is down
I dont kno what Im doing but Im doing it

Lord Austere
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Lord Austere » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:44 pm

1) Lord Austere
2) Mjolnir420
3) Mjolnir420's roommate
4) aries8887
5) < open >

Any more takers for a nova game?

Mjolnir420
Fighter pilot

Postby Mjolnir420 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:35 pm

nova huh? me and my roommate are total noobs and have only played hyperion agaisnt one another... It'll be fun to try NOVA

Sukayo
Noble

Postby Sukayo » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:14 pm

Nova is a bit less complex than Hyperion ...

kjh
Fighter pilot

Postby kjh » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:27 pm

Count me in (koriel@o2.pl) plz.
But i will be available on 12th becouse i go on holidays. In case of house i could take last one remaining

Mjolnir420
Fighter pilot

Postby Mjolnir420 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:44 pm

anyone have a preference for map?

kjh
Fighter pilot

Postby kjh » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:06 pm

Just normal NOVA Galaxy?

In case of house preferences I would like to take Li Halan

Lord Austere
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Lord Austere » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:32 pm

Indeed normal Nova galaxy

Seems we have a full crew then.

1) Lord Austere
2) Mjolnir420
3) Mjolnir420's roommate
4) aries8887
5) Kyrdian

I'm personally in favour of the standart house rules for nova:

http://website.lineone.net/~rwein/nova/houserules.htm

and the variant for balancing house traits:

http://website.lineone.net/~rwein/nova/traits.htm

Another rule I think we should add is that you cannot buy from an agora if another player owns the planet that it is on or ministry that it is near. I've seen this abused by li Halan as they always get first pick on the good bits on all planets that the league has just supplied.

As for house traits I'd say 6 points each to spend (using the variant trait rules) and tell another which were selected.

Also I'm for playing with the warehouse off, plague and food consumption on. This allows attacks on supply lines and makes space a bit more interesting then just getting dreadnaugths in orbit.

As only two have stated a preferenc as far as I know I. So unless anyone objects I have randomised the other three players. I will roll 3 d100's (picking random number between 1 and 100), the highest is Hazat, then Decados and the lowest will play hawkwood.

here is the roll http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=544146

And these will be the houses (unless anyone objects)

1) Lord Austere = Al Malik
2) Mjolnir420 = Hazat
3) Mjolnir420's roommate = Hawkwood
4) aries8887 = Decados
5) Kyrdian = Li Halan

Looks like we are ready to start. 1 player 1 day per turn. If your're on holiday or gone just email all the others and we'll pause the game briefly when the day comes. (though if you go away for 4 days and your turn is the day before you leave I don't think we even need to pauze)

My email is ttijnn@hotmail.com

Kyrdian it's up to you to set up the game and email it to the next player along the house order in 1 day (all players should be set to easy).

So unless anyone has mayor objection I think we can start.

As for Kyrdians holiday maybe he can make his initial turn before he leaves and then we can each take 2 days on our first turn untill he gets back on the 12th to take his second turn.

If you are unable Kyrdian or already gone then we'll postpoe the start till august 12th.

aries8887
Infantery

Postby aries8887 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:57 am

cool with everything, except warehouse off? if everyone likes that il go with it, but iv never played so either way il give it a go i guess.

aries8887@yahoo.com

Lord Austere
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Lord Austere » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:23 pm

well warehouse off means you'll have to transport resources in freighters (giving them a role in the game) ocasionally. Also it means that resources captured cannot be instantly loaded offworld using the "build" option. On the other hand the recently transported resources are prone to capture. I've never done it in single player, but it seems like it would add an extra dimention to multiplayer games and would like to try it. I'm fine withoput it too if no-one else wants it.

aries8887
Infantery

Postby aries8887 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:04 pm

is it a planetery thing, or building thing. as in do i have to move resources from my mine to my factory? ehh well i gues sil just play and figure it out

Mjolnir420
Fighter pilot

Postby Mjolnir420 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:21 pm

the thing with warehouse off is the game will slowdown considerably and make it much more difficult, me and my roommate are already novices esp in the NOVA galaxy....

and as for house assignment, me and my roommate would be able to do both our turns in the same day if we had houses that took their turns consecutively. It just doesnt make sense to email it around for another couple of days when we can get two turns done in one. Plus, i really prefer Decados (your not knowing this is my fault, i should have been checking these forums more often) So if I just trade with Aries my roommate is more than happy with hawkwood... but only if its ok with aries

also, just for future reference my roommates name is Ben (He doesn't want to be called Mjolnir420's roommate anymore :p )

regarding NOVA house rules- on the first turn Li Halan will get the votes from the church and become the first regent so rule number one is just a dumb way to make sure Li Halan is regent the first time... And I don't know how NOVA works but I know in most Hyperion galaxies you have to decrease unit pay on your first turn in order to break even financially (even disbanding some high maintenance units) so I really don't agree with that rule either. Hate to be a pain but these are just my suggestions

Return to “Opponents wanted”