New Emperor of the Fading Suns Game (Nova?)

MP related, ...

Moderator: Sukayo

Lord Austere
Assault Legionnaire

New Emperor of the Fading Suns Game (Nova?)

Postby Lord Austere » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:34 am

Hi all,

Since the forums seem to be alive once more I think it might just be possible to start up a(nother) new game.

I would prefer Nova, though I'm up for most things.

I'll check back in a few days to see if people are interested.

Regards,

Lord Austere

Nick Cav
Space Legionnaire

Postby Nick Cav » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:43 pm

i'd be up for another,but we need to have a quick turnaround for turns :)

Garison
Space Legionnaire

Postby Garison » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:10 am

I am willing to play another aswell. Hope i don't get to confused :D

mosinski
Infantery

Postby mosinski » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:38 am

I would be up for one. I've only played with my son in a "friendly" universe (we don't attack each other until the computer players have lost all their standards). So I probably will get my butt pounded by you guys but it wouldn't be the first time in my gaming history.

I'm using the 1.4G right now but I can set up a NOVA version and I don't care what player I am. My email is mosinski@msn.com

Lord Austere
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Lord Austere » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:26 pm

Ok excellent, that makes 4 players, or 5 if Mosinski's son is also playing. (in which case I would suggest they play adjacent turns to speed things up)

I personally am ok playing most factions, and if that goes equally for you guys we can just start soon enough and try to keep turns to 1-2 days each or something. (if I take li-halan it might be easy as I can ensure the game is set up properly, but it's all ok for me)

As for password protection, if anyone drops out we'll need to be able to recover the password. Best might be to send it to the two people who have turns directly after you.

Garison
Space Legionnaire

Postby Garison » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:15 am

We should make a list of everyones "play time" and pick houses in that order. I always play my turn at the same time every day around 8 am (about 11 hours ago) because i play it when i check my e-mail after work. so i will be whatever house suits the fastest line-up.

Nick Cav
Space Legionnaire

Postby Nick Cav » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:18 am

i agree with garison :) i hate waiting for turns

Lord Austere
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Lord Austere » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:59 am

Ok sounds like a good idea (I'll put times here in both GMT/EST)

The times indication are just a suggested really, based in part on when forum posts were made. Please provide better times.Also Mosinski is your son interested in joining or do we still need a fifth?

Lord Austere (GMT+2/ CET) = 18:00 / 14:00
????Nick Cav(???????????) = 02:00 / 22:00
????Mosinski(???????????) = 08:00 / 04:00???
??????????? (???????????) = After previous???
Garisson (GMT-4/ EST) = 12:00 / 08:00

(((For reference I used: EST = GMT -4; normally -5, but it's summer time)))

mosinski
Infantery

Postby mosinski » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:40 pm

yikes you guys want a super fast turnaround!!. Once I see the turn I can get it in quick but I admit weekends/holidays and vacations I'm not checking as quickly. Other then that I think I can handle it.

However my son may not. I will ask him but he's off partying alot more since he's young not like his old dad. I can't gaurantee he will be able to play.

Also what version are we going to play? We had some instabilities in our first one so my son and I went down the Install from zip and by Hyp 14G in only. No other updates. I have another computer if you would prefer something else.

I'll start checking this forum more often now that I'm back from vacation.

mosinski
Infantery

Postby mosinski » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:20 am

I double checked and he is not interested

Lord Austere
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Lord Austere » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:10 pm

So that makes four of us. Conceavably sufficient, but better to get a fifth.

As for the turn pace, we could conceivably have 1 turn every other day rather than daily, but it depends on what others want. 1/day or 1/2days. Weekends/holidays will naturally be lighter load. We could conceavably even plan it with that in mind, but that would quickly become too complex.

As for version I'd say nova for the sake of ease, though I'm not entirely happy with the way scepters and a few details are done. In that I prefer Hyperion.

mosinski
Infantery

Postby mosinski » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:17 pm

I'm sure once we get into the swing of things I can handle once a day. Mine was more a kneejerk reaction to the days of PBM's where groups were lucky to get 1 turna week. Ah the good ol' days of snail mail!!

Garison
Space Legionnaire

Postby Garison » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:39 pm

hello folks,
What Galaxy will we be using ? depending on the map the game will be completely different. I am hoping for a more multi-player oriented map, rather then a challenging single-player style map. I would like to check out the houses, and maybe play a single player game before the match so i have an idea whats going on. its been awhile since i played nova.

We can ask someone from the current game in progress if they wish to take up the 5th position. Russel seems to be kicking alot of ass.

Nick Cav
Space Legionnaire

Postby Nick Cav » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm

hehehe...maybe not for long ;)

Lord Austere
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Lord Austere » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:06 pm

Garison wrote:hello folks,
What Galaxy will we be using ? depending on the map the game will be completely different. I am hoping for a more multi-player oriented map, rather then a challenging single-player style map. I would like to check out the houses, and maybe play a single player game before the match so i have an idea whats going on. its been awhile since i played nova.

The troyan Galaxy seems somewhat interesting, or we can just use the standart universe or potentially a random map of either of these. (we could generate several random map as li halan and vote on which one to useto prevent one house from having a vastly superior position)

Garison wrote:We can ask someone from the current game in progress if they wish to take up the 5th position. Russel seems to be kicking alot of ass.

Sounds Good. Will you do it?

Return to “Opponents wanted”