EFS Editor Troubles

a place to discuss it

Moderators: Deathifier, Sukayo

Lord Chiasson
Infantery

EFS Editor Troubles

Postby Lord Chiasson » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:19 pm

Hello all im new to the EFS game but Ive finally gotten up the courage to actually start making a mod using the game, Roman Empire style in the works. I am having trouble installing the editor and map editor. I keep getting pop ups saying that I don't have the right windows(I have 7 and tried running every version in compatibility but no go). And for the map editor I tried installing winG10 but that also was having same problems. Any tips or help to get them up and running would be great so I can start work on the mod. thanks

Eightball Maniac
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Eightball Maniac » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:02 am

You'll need WinG32 for the Holistic map editor. On Win 7 you need to put it in the Windows\SysWOW64 folder. With that in place, the map editor runs fine.

As for the other editor you mentioned, I don't know for sure; I just use a text editor myself.

Lord Chiasson
Infantery

Postby Lord Chiasson » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:28 am

Worked like a charm, thank you sir. I may have to do it just with text. Have you ever used the editor? Is it easier or is text simpler?

Eightball Maniac
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Eightball Maniac » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:43 am

I tested an editor or two many years ago, and they were either buggy or just not helpful as I recall. That may have changed in the years since, but I kinda doubt it.

Modding through a text editor, on the other hand, is much more convenient. The data is all in front of you and easily changed. I do recommend a real text editor instead of Notepad, if you choose this route. These days I use Notepad++ for all my text editing needs.

Return to “Fixing it ourself”