Activating the Vaus

a place to discuss it

Moderators: Deathifier, Sukayo

Madrigal
Tank commander

Activating the Vaus

Postby Madrigal » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:52 am

Does a mean exists to have the Vau produce something?

Are the AI Houses able to make war with them?

I feel their potential is not exploited enough... I was thinking of a very hard setting were the Symbiots already broke through, including an invasion of Holy Terra, plus all the rest of mankind under 'protectorate' of the Vau ... meaning all the juicy spots on the House home worlds are taken by Vau exploitations, so you would be attracted in attacking them. Except that if only the human player is able to attack the Vaus, then the setting won't work...

Eightball Maniac
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Eightball Maniac » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:11 am

I doubt they can produce anything without a hack like the Symbiots received in the modified Hyperion exe, unfortunately.

The AI should fight them if Vau units are near theirs (and at war), though an AI invasion of Vau territory is unlikely. To trigger a war, add some Vau units with high camo near House units, such as on a main road. A unit moving along (with low spot value) will stumble into it and start the war.

Symbiots will happily attack the Vau, though.

Without the source code or some sort of exe hack, getting the Vau involved is entirely dependant on modifying the galaxy map and forcing confrontation.

Madrigal
Tank commander

Postby Madrigal » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:25 am

I came to the same conclusion ... The AI is forced to war when stumbling on an unspotted unit, this can have interesting side effects

Return to “Fixing it ourself”